A successful red dress digression!

A couple of Monday Sewing Bees and this dress was done. photo 1

I would totally recommend the pattern. It’s easy to follow, pretty straightforward and fast to put together (always a good thing). The only change I made was to omit the slit at the back (good call Aoife). The cap sleeves were a nice surprise. It was the first time I’ve made them and they were surprisingly easy.
The dress is great. Comfortable, snug, very wearable. A definite win.  photo 3
It’s time to turn my attention back to that other red dress -  the expensive red wool in the vintage 70’s pattern. In the spirit of Ruth Field’s Get Your Shit Together, one of these days I’m going to swat away the excuses and whip it into shape.
One of these days.

The nitty gritty – New Look 6123. Fabric €20 a metre in Murphy Sheehys (I used about a metre and a half). Stretch lining €15 a metre (about half a metre). The necklace is a birthday gift from a friend (thanks Grainne!). The garden is Mary’s.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>